Monday, January 31, 2011

a skiing success

This past weekend was a time of many firsts! First time skiing EVER, first time visiting Vermont EVER, first time seeing a floor that lifted up off the ground to reveal a pool and hot tub EVER, and first time shredding that fresh pow EVER (#shredfest2k11).

Have to say, I enjoyed it immensely. Now I get the whole why people like to ski thing. Although I only skied for one day, it was a fun one. After falling down on my first attempt down the bunny hill, things got much better! I'd have to say the most terrifying part of skiing is trying not to hit little kiddies taking lessons. But once we left the bunny hill, this became less of a problem.

First time down the big hill I ate it once. But I dusted myself off and tried again. And I didn't fall for the rest of the day! Bonus points!

Definitely recommend getting out there and trying to ski if you haven't before. It's a fun time even if it is a bit terrifying for a beginner. I also recommend getting a ski house with 35 of your friends (or people you don't know) and having the biggest dance party since Wed. nights at Dino's. Those were some great dance parties...

I'll leave you with a few of my favorite pieces of artwork from our ski castle (ed note: check out THE HOOV TUBE on youtube in the next week or so for a more detailed video of the place).


standard deer shot in every great skiing/hunting palace.


you know, just a normal sign, telling you not to swim unless you want to drown and raise your hand helplessly up in the air trying to be saved...


see y'all on the slopes!

1 comments:

Rusty said...

jealous!