Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globes!

So Kate and my game plan for today is to watch the Jets play the Patriots at a bar somewhere, then go home, put on gowns, drink swanky dranks and watch the Golden Globes. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Since I can't bet on the football game like I was going to, I'll make Golden Globe predictions instead. Here goes:

Best Motion PIcture:
Black Swan
The King's Speech
The Fighter
Social Network
Inception

I've actually seen all of these films, and enjoyed each a whole lot. I think The King's Speech is going to come away the winner here, and I can't quite tell you why. So that's that.

Best Motion Picture (Comedy/Musical)
Alice in Wonderland
Burlesque
The Kids Are Alright
Red
The Tourist

I think The Kids Are Alright is on a whole different level than the other films in this category, so I'm hoping (and thinking) it will win this one.

Best Television Series
Boardwalk Empire
Mad Men
Dexter
The Good Wife
The Walking Dead

I'm gonna be biased here and go with the only one I watch. I know the other contenders are good shows, but Mad Men is just SO GOOD. I think it deserves it.

Best Television Series (Comedy/Musical)
30 Rock
Big Bang Theory
Big C
Glee
Modern Family
Nurse Jackie

It's hard to choose from this group, but I'm going Modern Family. It's so hilarious every week, relatable and has brought back the idea of a family comedy that an entire family can enjoy together. It's like Full House of the digital age. Or Step by Step 2.0. Can't go wrong with it.


Those are the only categories I'll be guessing, because I just got tired of typing. Guess we'll see how right I am a little later on tonight...

0 comments: