Sunday, March 27, 2011

Slow Carb Diet: Results

Challenge #3 of 2011 is officially over! The Slow Carb Diet went pretty well, it was tough at times but I definitely found it easier than being a vegan. And interestingly enough, I was rarely hungry on this diet. It was more about craving certain things that I wasn't allowed to have. The cheat day really helped out, too.

Now onto the results.. I wasn't expecting drastic weight change, and that did not happen. But it was actually more effective in weight loss than I thought it would be for me. On the morning of my cheat day, my last weigh in put me at a weight that was 3.4 lbs lighter than I started the week. I thought these results were pretty dramatic for one week's worth of eating Slow Carb...

But that also has to be taken with a grain of salt. My weight fluctuated quite a bit over the course of the week, always weighing less in the mornings than at night. And this morning AFTER my cheat day of eating and drinking whatever I pleased all day, I've gained about a pound back.

So I guess the moral of the story is this: this diet works and is effective if you stick to it. It's not the most fun thing to do, but if you're looking for a way to lose weight and you've got some will power, give it a try.

More on the 4 hour body here.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I guess all diets work if you stick to them!

Mom said...

I guess all diets work if you stick to them!