Wednesday, March 23, 2011

halfway through slow carb diet

So it is currently day 4 of the Slow Carb Diet, challenge #3 of 2011. So far things are going pretty well, and although I do crave certain things (a mocha for some odd reason, even though I don't usually drink them), I do get my fair share to eat. As far as results, they have been much more than I expected. Since Sunday, I have lost almost 3 lbs*.

So far this diet is much easier for me than being a vegan, and I do feel like I am eating a lot. Here's a normal day for me on this plan:

Breakfast (within an hour of waking up): 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon
Lunch: Spinach salad with tomato, mushrooms and black beans, balsamic vinegar for dressing
Second, smaller lunch: Small chicken breast with guacamole
Dinner: has varied, Monday I had salmon with asparagus, last night I had spinach and meatballs (cheated a bit and put a little parmesan cheese in the meatballs!)

I've also been taking advantage of the 2 glasses of red wine I'm allowed per night, and having small snacks including almonds or baby carrots.

All in all, it's a pretty boring diet, and I wouldn't say I really enjoy eating a lot of the stuff I'm eating all that much, but I do feel full. But I guess it does work, based on my results so far.

The best part is the fact that I get a "cheat day," and since I'm only doing this for a week, I will be done with this diet after Friday. This basically means that Friday at midnight I will be eating something delicious and then proceeding to also drink this weekend and negate any results made this week.

But in the meantime...Tonight I think I'm gonna try to make refried beans!!! Get excited...

*Disclaimer to my mom and brother: don't worry, I am not trying to lose weight, and I'm sure as soon as I get off this diet I will gain these pounds back.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

haha! looove the disclaimer!

HR For The Ages said...

whyyyyyy??????