Thursday, February 24, 2011

its hard out there for a vegan...

Day 3 of veganism and it's getting a bit harder for me. I miss milk! And cheese! And meat! I am eating enough to generally get my fill, but haven't had a proper dinner yet. Mostly because I'm too lazy and also because a lot of the recipes require lots of vegan ingredients and since I'm only doing this for one week, I don't wanna stock up my whole kitchen for a vegan!


Still managing to eat alright though. Here's what I had so far today:

Breakfast:
English muffin w/peanut butter

Snack(s):
Banana
Almonds
Sunflower seeds

Lunch:
Salad with mushrooms, tomato, garbanzo beans and black beans
Goddess dressing
Veggie Sticks

Dinner:
TBD after our volleyball game tonight... probably something lazy like a few scoops of peanut butter, or wheat thins dipped in hummus.

Hardest part about this challenge so far is walking into restaurants that smell delicious and knowing that I can't really eat anything on the menu. Last night we watched the Duke/Temple game at THE HOG PIT, and the BBQ smell was killing me. I had to go home early and eat some vegan stuff.

So far, I mostly feel that I'm getting enough to eat, and when I'm not being tempted by bbq goodness, it's not too hard to be a vegan. Though it is kind of annoying having to think so hard whenever you want to eat anything. I usually just eat anything I feel like eating! This is tough stuff!

Hopefully I get through days 4 thru 7 okay...

0 comments: