Monday, April 18, 2011

no alcohol challenge... check in

Today was my 9th consecutive day of no alcohol, which means I'm well into my 14 day challenge. So far, so good I'd say. Besides a couple times when I really wanted a beer, it really hasn't been too bad. I think I'd most definitely opt for this over being a vegan if I had the choice.

The few times this challenge has proved to be a bit hard included:

  • the Yankees game where I wanted a beer
  • a night at a bar with a few friends where I ended up ordering a slice of pecan pie and milk (!) to keep myself occupied
  • sunday night dinner where everyone else was drinking delicious smelling red wine and I could not partake
Other than that, it hasn't been too hard to adhere to this challenge. Granted, I did not go out Friday or Saturday nights, so I think that helped out, but nonetheless I have had no effects of withdrawl. And it feels a lot better waking up every morning without a hangover!

5 more days to go...

1 comments:

Mallory said...

thank goodness this ends before alumni weekend :)