Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Top Five Moments of the Inauguration of Barack Obama

There’s a new President in town as of noon yesterday. So to celebrate the ringing in of a new administration, let’s take a moment and not talk politics at all. Let’s talk about the best moments of yesterday’s inauguration ceremony as seen on CNN in the 23rd room conference room here at G2 Direct & Digital. I don’t really like talking about politics or anything else that really matters on this here blog (as you have probably already discovered), so let’s just get right to it—best parts of the ceremony:

5. Aretha’s hat.


4. CNN’s “FACTS” at the bottom of the screen
I’d like to thank CNN for giving me helpful FACTS at the bottom of my screen, such as the FACT that the man giving the invocation was a supporter of an amendment banning gay marriage in California. Or the FACT that precisely at noon, Barack Obama was the new President even without being sworn in yet, thanks to the 22nd amendment. Without these fun FACTS at the bottom of my screen, I probably would have just been bored with the history unfolding before my eyes.

3. The way Rick Warren says “Malia” and “Sasha” around the 3:40 point in this video:


2. George HW Bush’s hat.


1. Cheney in a wheelchair

0 comments: