Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Movie Trailers

You know what would be a great job? Making movie trailers. I’m not certain how one gets into that profession, I’m sure through editing or working for a production company or something like that but think of all the benefits of being the person who makes trailers:

1. Maybe you get to see the movie before anyone else does (or at least the trailer clips)
2. You can make it as intense or funny as you want to (watching the trailer for Doubt always gets my blood pumping)
3. Lots of people will see the work you do and enjoy it (sometimes I am a little disappointed when the previews are over to tell you the truth)
4. Editing is fun, especially in short form. Trailers usually aren’t very long, I mean there’s really not all that much you could even mess up...
5. Choosing the music for trailers would be really awesome too. For instance, the Revolutionary Road trailer is really sexy and awfully haunting thanks to the brutally sad voice of Nina Simone in the background:


All that being said, I probably will never be a person who makes trailers. I have heard that first of all, the production company that makes the film will also just cut the trailer. And though I think it would be awesome to make a film, I don’t think I want to work for a production company for the sole purpose of maybe being able to cut a trailer someday. Or maybe I do, we’ll see…

Anyways let’s look at some other sweet trailers, in honor of the profession that I do not have.

Knocked Up:


The Dark Knight:


Atonement:


Pineapple Express:



Alright, I guess that’s all I got for now.

I love movie previews.

1 comments:

Nussy said...

I was trying to come up with a list of the best songs in trailers that just made the trailer that much better but stopped after:
-Paper Planes in Pineapple Express
-The End is the Beginning is the End in Watchmen
-That song from Requiem for a Dream in The Two Towers