Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fantasy Oscar Challenge!

I just entered my picks to Entertainment Weekly’s Fantasy Film Awards Challenge! See, this is a fantasy league for people who don’t like sports, they like movies. People like my brother. Ha, just thought I would shout out to one of my four readers! Hey Rusty!

Sorry for that tangent. Back to the Fantasy Film Awards Challenge. Basically, you choose who you think will win Oscars and you can win a TV and Blue Ray player if you have the most correct picks. It’s free, so why the heck not?

I don’t know if I’m hurting or helping my chances by posting my picks here, but I want bragging rights if I do well so here they are…but if I’m wrong I didn’t make any of these choices. Someone else did and then they wrote this post. Probably Rusty…

So without any further tangents here were my picks for the Fantasy Oscar Blue Ray Challenge:

Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger
Animated Feature: WALL-E
Adapted Screenplay: The Reader
Supporting Actress: Taraji P. Henson
Documentary Feature: Man on Wire
Original Screenplay: Milk
Actress in a Leading Role: Kate Winslet
Actor in a Leading Role: Sean Penn
Director: Danny Boyle
Picture: Slumdog Millionaire


Since I have no money on these picks, some are dark horses, some I am not so sure about, etc etc and I think closer to the day of the actual Oscar awards I will put together a post with my picks again, maybe they will be different, and I will try to explain why my picks are what they are. But for the time being I don’t want to give you all a leg up when you sign up to compete in this contest against me.

Good luck.

0 comments: