Wednesday, December 08, 2010

something special

Well, this is my 500th post on this blog, and I wanted it to be about something special. But instead of something, I think I'm going to write about someone. A couple of very special people, actually.

Yesterday, a great friend of mine's boyfriend passed away after battling Leukemia. When I heard the news, it really shook me to the core. These are some of the sweetest, nicest people I have ever met in my life. I could not even imagine what the past few years have been like for them.

Through it all, every treatment and hospital stay, every piece of news, both bad and good, this amazing couple kept us updated on their struggles, and kept us inspired by their fight and their faith.

To watch the person you love battling a force that you have no control over must be heart-wrenching. But my friend carried herself with strength, remained devoted and caring through everything that came their way, and did it all with the most positive attitude I've ever seen.

This couple is truly an inspiration to us all, and if the memorials on their Facebook group's wall are any indication, they have touched the lives of countless people, many who never even knew them personally.

It's amazing the way the world works, and how seriously awful things can happen to the best people. But as I know my friend would agree, there is a plan for us all. And I'm glad that these two wonderful people were able to spend as much time together as they could.

If everyone had even the smallest fraction of the hope and spirit that these two have inside them, the world would be a much, much better place.

I'm sure the love shared between them could change the world. I know it's changed me.

RIP. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.


let it be - Carol Woods & Timothy T. Mitchum

0 comments: