Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Marci’s Favorite Things 2010 - MUSIC

This is a tough one for me, I’m not really into music enough to offer a comprehensive glimpse into this year’s best albums, and I don’t get the chance to listen to the radio that often, so I’m sure I’ve missed some of Hot 99’s hits. But I guess all I can share with you is what I know, so here’s some songs I liked a lot in 2010:

Telephone - Beyonce & GaGa
Gotta rep my girl here, and I guess you gotta give GaGs some credit for a crazy year as well.

Weary Kind - Ryan Bingham
Technically I guess this was 2009, part of the Crazy Heart soundtrack. But it’s beautiful and I’m still feeling it so it counts in my book.

Fuck You - Cee Lo Green
Even without the cussin’ it’d still be catchy.

I and Love and You - The Avett Brothers
Also not sure if this was 2010, but I saw them in concert this year, so… it counts! Love all their stuff.

The Katy Perry Trifecta - Teenage Dream, California Gurls, Firework
Her songs are fun to sing. Her reward? One raunchy British man. For life!

Love the way you Lie - Em ft. RiRi
Great comeback by Em. Even though this song was overplayed, you can’t ignore that it’s a great track.

Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons
Actually check out their whole album - Sigh No More. Awesome, I love writing to it.

Rude Boy - Rihanna
Sexy. ‘nuff said.

Runaway - Kanye West
How can you hate Kanye when he’s putting out albums like “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy”?

Who Knows, Who Cares - Local Natives
I love this shiz.

Hoover guest pick:
Raise Your Glass - Pink
Probably because of the really great line “So if you’re too school for cool…” (see what Pink did there?)

And as always, these are just a sampling. There were many other AMAZING songs this year (Bieber fever) that we did not list here. Hope you enjoy!

0 comments: