Friday, October 15, 2010

A plea to Ellen!


Today I am going to embark on a journey to appear on the Ellen DeGeneres show, and possibly start a lifelong friendship with her slash work for her. It all started several months ago, when I noticed, whilst watching American Idol, that my taste in clothing was oddly similar to hers.

My coworkers began to realize this as well. As the weeks wore on, and I continued to wear a plethora of vests, boots, and various other Ellen-esque items, it began somewhat of a running joke at the office. So much that when I recently received a work related award, my boss had written an Ellen reference into his nomination. Turns out all I had to do to be successful was be more like Ellen!

Now, I could just waste this wardrobe similarity and use it for a Halloween costume or something, but I am determined to do more. Today I am starting a campaign to go on the Ellen DeGeneres show and compare some of our outfits IN PERSON. And since Ellen is pretty good at getting invited places herself, I am taking a cue from her and trying to get myself an invite to her show.

How will I do this, you ask? Well, I'm not entirely sure. It will be a online effort, using mostly social media such as this blog, twitter, and Facebook. Let's see what the power of the Internet can do to help one girl live out her dream of meeting Ellen D.

Stay tuned for more.

1 comments:

Mom said...

I sent Ellen a message -- you should be hearing from her soon.