Thursday, October 21, 2010

dress to impress.


Today I decided to take a break from Ellen garb and wear a new dress. It's kind of Mad Men-esque, and though I would love to say I look like Joan today, I think I'm much more aligned with Peggy. No offense, Peggy.

In fact, Peggy and I have more things in common than you may think. Besides our catholic upbringings copywriting gigs, we also both:


  • Are kind of in love Don Draper, but could never be with him (her because Don respects her too much to make a move on her, and me because Don is a fictional character and I cannot date someone who is make believe)

  • Think some things that happen in the office are "BULLSHIT," as Peggy so eloquently told Joan (and I probably yelled at some point)

  • Make people in the office surprised when we actually look nice (like when Peggy got her haircut/makeover, or when I make myself presentable in any capacity)

  • Are young ladies trying to make it in a MAN'S WORLD.


Okay that last one was kind of weak but I couldn't think of any more.

I miss Mad Men already, even though that last episode really threw me for a loop.

0 comments: