Monday, April 20, 2009

Pirate Show - UPDATE

Several days ago, I posted about pirates. If you read it, you will remember that at the end of my ramblings I predicted a reality tv show featuring pirate hunters... imagine my surprise whilst reading Entertainment Weekly yesterday when I caught sight of THIS:

A new Spike TV pilot will document the U.S. Navy's efforts to combat pirates -- like those making news in the five-day standoff that culminated in Sunday's rescue of American sea captain Richard Phillips -- Variety reports. Pirate Hunters: USN, from 44 Blue Prods. (The True Story of Black Hawk Down), will focus on anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden, where Phillips was taken captive by a band of Somalians. The producers will have cameras aboard warships the USS Boxer, which was on the scene for this week's standoff, and the USS San Antonio.


I would like to take this time to congratulate myself on "calling it."

0 comments: