Monday, February 23, 2009

And the Oscar for excellence in oscar prediction goes to.....drum roll please......

ME!




Kudos to me for getting 100% of my Oscar picks correct yesterday. That's a pretty staggering statistic, I'm quite pleased with myself. So in the self-aggrandizing spirit of the Oscars, I will congratulate myself on how good I am, tell the other nominees that they are wonderful (but not as wonderful as me apparently), and give a little speech:

Wow. Oh my god... (pause to breathe). I'm so overwhelmed... I have been dreaming of predicting the Oscars ever since I was a little girl predicting which swear word would appear in the background of my Disney movie. (pause to look at Oscar). Wow, this is heavier than I imagined! I have so many people to thank, those who've supported me along the way, Entertainment Weekly magazine, InContention blog for helping me do research for my picks, Blogger for hosting this blog where I posted my picks, my mom and dad for pushing me each and every day and believing in my power of prediction, and everyone in my Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League for showing me that life can be made more meaningful with useless online gaming. I also want to thank (music starts playing) ... the-loyal-readers-of-my-blog-without-you-I'd-be-nothing! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

(Cue music as I saunter off the stage)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marci-

I could not be prouder of you! You have worked so hard for this your entire adult life. Good luck in March Madness.

Love,

Mom