Thursday, November 09, 2006

Adicolor - Cool concept...


As I was working on my marketing homework last week, I saw that Adidas' website had an intriguing little link about something called Adicolor. So I clicked it, hoping that whatever it was would be more interesting than explaining what I thought the exact length, width, and breadth of Adidas' products was... and I got more than I bargained for.

This is such a cool concept, originally rolled out by the company in 1983, when they sold all-white footwear that came with waterproof, fast-drying markers so people could design their own Adidas kicks! Now the solid white sneakers come with acryllic paints and the website gives helpful hints on how to paint your shoe to the fullest.

This is such a great idea! I don't know why I'm so taken with it, maybe it's the great website, maybe it's the funny weird music playing ON the great website, or maybe it's just the fact that it allowed me to escape from marketing madness (if only for a few hours...)

Anyways, I'd like to take this moment to say: Well played, Adidas. Adicolor is sweeeet!

1 comments:

Kim Gregson said...

good posts - and lots of nice links to outside sources -thanks..10 points