Monday, January 04, 2010

Miserable Marci’s Monday Rant - what a long strange trip its been.

Oh 2010. I thought you’d be lucky for me when I scratched a lottery ticket right after midnight and won $1 (yes, instead of kissing someone at midnight, I clutched a $1 lottery ticket in my hand and hoped for the best. that's what addicts do). But alas, last night my luck ran out. And it was only January 3rd. If I spoke frequently in Internet lingo, this would be a good place to place the acronym FML.

So I had a flight from Buffalo to NYC that was supposed to leave at 8:55pm last night. I thought that it wouldn’t be too crazy, it wasn’t like I was traveling right on New Year’s Day, just a random Sunday evening. But then the Lake Effect snow demons decided to descend upon Buffalo starting Saturday night, and continue all through the day on Sunday. It made the Bills game look like this:

And it made traveling miserable. I mean, I don’t even have to go out of my way on this Monday morning to sound miserable. But don’t take my word for it. Let’s look at the data:

Left my home in Buffalo: 7:30PM
Arrive at airport: 8:00PM
Plane is delayed.
Time my plane was supposed to leave: 8:55PM
Time I boarded my plane and then sat to de-ice before taking off: 11PM
Time we landed in NYC: 12:43AM

Here’s where it gets real awful. The baggage took its sweet ass time coming down, and then the AIR TRAIN BROKE DOWN.

So I walked all the way back to the taxi stand. Where there was a line of about 100 people in the cold waiting for taxis I can’t afford anyways.

So I walked all the way back to the AirTrain. And waited. Finally it came at 2AM, conveniently dropping me at Jamaica station just in time to see the train to Penn pulling away.

Then I killed myself.

JUST KIDDING! I’m alive now to tell you the tale.

Then I merely waited 15 minutes for the next train, which departed at 2:32AM.

Arrived at Penn Station around 3AM. Walked to PATH station. Waited 20 minutes for PATH to arrive.

Got closer… to my… apartment… and finally… got off the PATH and cabbed it home.

Arrival time in Jersey: 4AM.

Total trip duration: 8.5 hours.
Total methods of transport I used: 6
Realizing you’d rather kill yourself than continue on your journey: Priceless.

But it’s okay. It was all worth it. Because now I am at work. My favorite place in the world.

End rant.


Anonymous said...

Not fair for my baby girl. Next time we will get a private plane and car service from the airport to your home.

Rusty said...

well, at least you have NINJAS to look forward to! PS; adam I got tickets to wednesday's ragtime yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!