Thursday, November 12, 2009

a quest for boots

I was shopping on gap.com the other day and came across some boots on a model that I really liked. They are on the header of the women's outerwear page. Here is a screenshot:


As you can see, she is wearing awesome boots:


But alas, as I looked through the shoes available for sale at the Gap, and then Piperlime, and Banana Republic, these boots were nowhere in sight. Desperately, I emailed the gap looking for answers. This is what I heard back:

Dear Marci,

Thanks so much for your email. We’re very pleased that you're shopping with us and want to make sure you find the perfect merchandise for your needs. Regrettably, we don't have any information concerning the shoes in question. These shoes are either props provided by our advertising company, or are those worn by our models to the production. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

We hope this information is helpful and we look forward to shopping with you soon.


This is not the answer I was hoping for. Not only did the gap tease me by showing me boots on their model that I cannot obtain from them, they are not very helpful in helping me find said boots.

So I have set out on a quest to find these boots. I have some of the greatest fashion minds of our times on this case, and hopefully with all my troops we will be victorious in finding these boots.

If you have any information regarding where I can find these boots, or answers, please let me know in the comments area. We can find these boots...together.

0 comments: