Monday, October 05, 2009

Miserable Marci’s Monday Rant – the kid in the red sweats.

As I walk to the PATH station every morning, sometimes I notice my surroundings despite my morning stupor. And one morning, as I walked down the street, I noticed this little Indian boy, probably like 7 years old, walking with his mother on what I'm assuming is the way to school. He was wearing a red long sleeved shirt. And red sweatpants. I thought to myself - will this kid get made fun of? He's wearing matching sweats to school. Then I put it out of my mind and continued on my day.

Imagine my growing concern as I continued to see this child on an almost daily basis, and he continued to wear red sweat pants and a red long sleeved shirt. The kid hasn't changed out of this outfit at all! How can his mother let him do that?! Is he just a figment of my imagination? Could that sweatsuit possibly be a weird school uniform?

What is going on! Needless to say, this poor defenseless boy's outfit really made me mad. Sure, he's seven years old, and yes, I probably wore worse things when I was little, but not the SAME SHITTY THING EVERY DAY!

The kid needs to be spoken to. Or donated other pieces of clothing, perhaps. I need to start a clothing line like TOMS shoes, where whenever I sell an item, the red sweatsuit kid gets a new article of clothing. But until then, ol'Red Sweats will be walking down the street to greet me every morning...

end rant.

0 comments: