Friday, June 26, 2009

MJ remembered


I guess it would be a big cultural miss if I fail to mention the death of Michael Jackson. But I don’t really know what to say about it. He was a great musician and it was pretty shocking and sad news, but I don’t really have much insight into it I guess. And I feel bad joking about it.

But while everyone still has a Facebook status up that read “wearing my one sequin glove ☹”, I think this is a good time to maybe remember how we used to talk about MJ while he was still alive. Jokingly.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Why was Michael Jackson spotted at K Mart?
He heard boys pants were half off!

Why does Michael Jackson like twenty eight year olds?
Because there are twenty of them.

What’s the difference between Michael Jackson and a grocery bag?
One is white, made out of plastic, and dangerous for kids to play with and the other you carry your groceries in.

I know I kid, but despite the jokes it’s still very sad. We have lost a music legend. I hope his soul keeps Moonwalkin’ to Billie Jean forever.

RIP MJ

3 comments:

Nussy said...

Just because he's passed doesn't mean we have to stop with the jokes:
The autopsy reveals MJ died of food poisoning. The culprit is thought to be the 12 year old nuts found in his mouth

In honor of MJ's passing, McDonald's is creating the Michael Jackson Burger. 50 year old meat between 10 year old buns.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll stop with the jokes. But I do want to say that I'm really pissed that MJ has upstaged Farrah Fawcett's death, even in death he's being a real pain in the ass. (...wait)

Scott said...

What's the difference between Michael Jackson and acne?

Acne waits until puberty to come on a boy's face.

Nussy said...

King of Pop Is Dead
MJ had a heart attack
That man abused drugs