Thursday, July 31, 2008

Comparing Movies.

I just saw this posting on Craigslist for a company looking to hire someone to write for their movie comparison company something or other…not really sure. I didn’t apply. But for people who wanted to apply, you had to take your favorite movie, and list 5 movies that people would also like if they enjoyed your favorite. And about a 20 word reason why. I thought this would be an interesting exercise, so I decided to try it out. But instead of my favorite movie, I’m going to use…

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.


For all of you who didn’t have HBO last summer when it was on every single moment of the day, or those who just didn’t care to watch, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is about four high school aged girlfriends who find a pair of jeans in a thrift shop that surprising fit all their varied figures perfectly. They then go their separate ways for the summer (soccer camp, Greece, to visit a divorced father, and one just stays at home) and send the pants around to each other with notes to keep in touch.

It’s a coming of age movie. First loves, first look at tragedy, realizations about family and friends, and the losing of virginity at soccer camp with a counselor (happens all the time).

So let’s take a look at 5 other movies you should watch if you loved Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (and why in 20 words or less)

1. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 – It’s coming out soon, and I bet it will have the same characters, actors, and kind of the same plot.
2. Now and Then – Four girls, coming of age, way better than the Traveling Pants. Plus it’s funny when Ramona duct tapes her boobs.

3. Rumor Has It – I got nothing for you. Except it was played on HBO all the time last summer, too.
4. My Girl – I hate those bees that killed Macaulay Culkin. Weird that her dad owned a funeral home.

5. The Babysitter’s Club – Self explanatory.

This post sucks. I would never get this job.

Wait, let me try again.

Movie we’ll start with: Rocky

5 other movies you would like:
1. Rocky 2 – there’s boxing. And Sly Stallone.
2. Rocky 3- there’s boxing. And Sly Stallone.

3. Rocky 4 - there’s boxing. And Sly Stallone.
4. Rocky 5 - there’s boxing. And Sly Stallone.
5. Rocky Balboa. - there’s boxing. And Sly Stallone. But he’s old. But it’s okay. It’s still him.


That’s more like it. Maybe I would get this job.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marci,

Turns out it was a good thing that dad made you watch all the Rocky movies!

Love you,

Mom